Monday, August 20, 2012

A child like faith....beautful!

The most important thing to me is to teach my children to love, to listen, to be with our God.
I want each one of them to have the relationship I have with our wonderful King. He is sooo good and I adore him. He is the answer, the reason I love, the reason I can go on each and every day.
It is one of the main reason I want to homeschool, I think spending time with God, getting to know our Jesus should be the top priority in our lives.
I spend time with God all day, I talk to him constantly, he is my best friend. In the early morning is when we have our alone time though. He has often told me " I will meet you in the morning" And I do find him in the quiet of the morning.
Here is the problem, with 3 children who love to wake up early, this is not easy.  I used to feel quilty for telling my kids to wait and be quiet during this time. But then one day I realized this is so important for them to see me spending time with God. They need to know that this time is so important, it is my lifeline. And what better way to teach them how to spend time with God then to show them.

This week Nevaeh has been really pushing me during these early morning times with God. She seems to need me extra much during this time. I have been firm. And often I will tell her with joy and excitement in my voice some of the wonderful thing my saviour has told me. I show her how when God talks to me I write it in capital letters and then when I talk to him it's not. The other day God had so much to tell me, and I showed her how many pages it filled and she was so excited and so was I and we squealed with delight at the wonder of our Saviour.


When Nevaeh wakes up she usually comes running into my room, but not today. I heard her in her room happily humming and giggling. I went in and said "Good morning my merry sunshine, I love you, I am so happy I am your mommy, I missed you while you slept, what are you doing?"

She hid her little face under the covers and smiled big and with a little giggle she said  "I am talking to God mommy! I just finished reading my bible and now I am talking to God and he is telling me things, very nice things." She told me she wasn't done so I left her alone.


Then she came running into my room , I noticed her hand was open and I asked her why? She told me she was holding Jesus hand. Then she started to sing of her love for him. She sang and sang a sweet little 5 year old made up song of her love for her saviour.


My heart is smiling right now. It has not been an easy week.
To many things to mention here but one of the things that grieved this mothers heart terribly was this...
 Yesturday Neavaeh was yelled at by an adult that she loved and trusted. This adult is very dear to her and it has happened numerous times, my fear is this little precious child's heart would be hurt, so wounded. It was such a hard day, as a mother I want to protect my child's spirit at all costs and I hadn't protected her, and how could I fill her back up again? As Charles I spoke on how to heal this little girls heart, God whispered his truths.
He reminded me how he works ALL things out for Good. He told me how even this injustice to my child could be used for his glory. And today, so soon after I can see it has. My little Nevaeh is clinging to our Savior, he is our healer and she is happy and sweet and feels Loved. Only our King can fill that in us, only Jesus. I could never fill it and God doesn't ask me to, she is mine for this moment on earth, that is all.
God is her true HOME, she is HIS!




No comments:

Post a Comment