Thursday, August 9, 2012

Homeschooling here we come!

Homeschooling

God gave me the go ahead  so here we go!!!
Homeschooling is something that i love, it is not a journey for everyone, but for me this year it is one I am to take. I am excited and anxious all at once. Looking at all the choices and what I want to teach my children is overwhelming to say the least.

So where do i start?
How do I begin this?
I think the bast place to start is to ask myself this question... As a mother what do i want to teach my children?” What do I want them to learn, who do I want them to be as adults. What values are important to me, what values do i see lacking in our world today. How can i raise daughters who live with integrity, who love God with their whole hearts. How do i raise women who know their worth in God , who make wise choices. Women who are willing to risk in order to do what is right.

Gotta make it fun!
It is easy to get completely overwhelmed and feel like a failure before I even begin. So how can little old me do this enormous task before me. The first thing i must believe deep within my soul is that I trust God completely. And i ask myself do I really trust him?

He gave me these children, he said I should home school. He is the God who created me and my children so he must know I can do it right? But here is a catch, I can only do it is if  keep depending, leaning completely on him to give me strength , wisdom and insight on how to do this.

Sounds easy?
HA, this world is filled with many people who have the best of intentions, but are also full of ideas and want their way to be the best way. The way they do it works! People still wanting the law!  It is hard to not get sucked into what looks good on the outside. When it looks good on the outside, it doesn’t  neccesarily mean we are following what God is telling us. I need to follow what he is saying to me, not what is working for everyone else around me. This is when it gets tricky and when i begin to realize how important my time alone with God is. Without t I am lost.

There is no right way to do this. The only right way to do this is to continually listen to God and take one day at a time. The only right way to do this is to keep saying I am sorry, when i mess things up. to live in God’s Grace and to keep getting back up.
So here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment