Thursday, August 23, 2012

Today I felt loved

Today is the anniversary of my sister's death.
Aug 23rd!!!
So I wrote on Facebook about who she was and is to me today and yesturday


AUg 23rd!!! The date rings in my head like a loud gong!

MY RACHEL, My precious sister.
She has been gone much to long. I have learned so much because of her, because she left us so soon every moment in this life is lived to the fullest.
She was Strong, loyal like no one I have ever met before, she was truth, misunderstood and clumsy. She made me want to be a better person, she had a heart so s
weet, she was always there for me, so much so that there are still things I cannot do with out her. She was my strength in so many ways. Her laughter was loud and uninhibited, we laughed and laughed together, being silly with someone is such a gift. She made me feel good enough exactly the way I am. She stuck up for me when I was wronged.
She was much to good to stay here on this earth. She was a gift for a little while and I am so thankful GOD choose me to be her big sister even if it was for such a short time, what an honor.




So many beautiful people commented or liked the post and  I thankYOU. 
Each and every one of you made a difference today to me, and my family. You cared that my sister  lived. Some of you new her and so many never did meet her.
If you have been through grief you understand how little we all really are on this earth. We are so small. We are here and then gone so fast. It is a moment.
 A deep fear is that people will forget her. Forget her laughter, forget that she lived and who she was. 
I feel as though today I am healing from her loss on a whole new level and it is because of all f you who took the time to care, to comment to remember her. It means so much to me I can hardly express in words.
Her life does matter, that she was here does matter.
She made an impact in the world that will stay a long long time.
ThankYOU, each one of you that cared today.
You have helped me heal a little bit deeper, and believe me the pain goes DEEP, so DEEP it touches every part of me. It affects how I live every moment in my life. It is though I see life through a different set of eyes because of it. I used to hate that, but today I embrace it. It is the gift she left with me. I see life differently, I see the moments, I see people and I love deeply and this is because of her.


1 comment:

  1. Since I've known you Tami, I've prayed for healing. Without you in my life and the example you have set out for me to see, I would have missed out on how precious life really is. I only have a glimpse, but you are in my life to give me that!

    ReplyDelete