Monday, October 8, 2012

Home Schooling - Learning to cook

Cooking is an important thing to learn. I want my children to be able to make a home for their husbands when they are older. It surprises me how many adults don't know how to cook.
So today Kaylani was in charge of lunch and Nevaeh was in charge of dessert.


With 3 kids it is not easy to get everyone to help. If i did it myself it would go much smoother and be done so much quicker. So I need to ask myself what is my goal here? My goal is to create family time and unity, my goal is to teach my children responsibility and I do want them to love cooking and know how to do it. Having a 2 year old doesn't make things easier, but this little girls know show to juice and she is actually really good at it and can do it almost all by herself.
TO FUNNY!


All the food in this soup came from our garden. I wanted to teach Kaylani how to follow a recipe but yet be able to improvise. This girl is a rule follower so this does not come easy for her. But she did really well.



As she was cooking and cutting up all the vegetables , we taste tested and added in extra spices. We also talked about what each food gives our bodies health wise and how we are so lucky to be able to eat healthy and give out bodies what it needs to be strong.


YUMMY! 
The soup was the best I have ever tasted fro sure!
Kaylani was so proud of her accomplishments 

For dessert Nevaeh basically put chocolate chips and spindles together in cups for us.
LOL, not the healthiest, but it was sure yummy!
Gotta LOVE being a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment