Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Recipe - HUMMUS

Well I thought I would give Hummus a try. Not an easy one to try with kids.


4 STARS
( out of 5 stars my kids all gave this a 5)

                                      HUMMUS

I used  a few different ingredients
Chis peas
Lemon
Cilantro
Salt and pepper
Vegtable oil

Sky was getting the juicer ready and having fun doing it!



I used Chic peas, because that is what I had.



 Sky poured it into the juicer


I added cilantro. 
I Aways try and slip in new things  when I can.


It was yummy, we put it in a whole wheat pita with lettuce, it felt like it needed tomatoes though.



We had thumbs up and down and sideways. My girls didn't mind it , but also didn't love it.  We used it as a spread like butter and that they liked.  Just not too much of it.




We had a blast doing this together, and my 10 year old Kaylani is starting to make up her own recipes which i love to see. I love her creativity coming out and that she is trying new foods. I never tried anything new when i was a kid. I think a big part of it was because i was forced. I honestly believe the way we teach and the way we present new foods matters.
Make it FUN!
Do it with your children!
Use every moment to teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment